TELEVISION OR DOORDARSHAN ESSAY IN ENGLISH
1. Introduction-Tele is a prefix and vision is the base word. Tele means coming from very far and vision means scene. So the scene that comes from a great distance is called Television. The credit of invention of television goes to John Logie Baird (1888-1946). Television is a great miracle of modern science. We can see the happenings going on at far off places sitting in our homes.
2. For western countries television is not a new thing. They have been enjoy ing it for a long time. After the successful launching of satellites it became possible to send television signals even across the oceans. And now with the help of inter national satellites it is possible to show television pictures in all the parts of the world together.
3. Television (or more popularly known as TV) was started in 1959 in India. It started in Delhi and its range was only 10 to 12 kilometers. Afterwards Bombay got its benefit. The rest of the country waited for this opportunity for a long time. During the rule of Smt. Indira Gandhi the expansion programme of TV was taken into hand. It was considered that TV has mass educative value.
4. With the launching of Insats (our own satellites) a great revolution started. Now it became possible to cover a great part of the country. In 1978-79 colour transmission started. During Asiad 1982 Television spread far and wide. Now-a days about 90% of the population in India has been brought under the range of TV Relay transmitters have been established throughout the country.
5. Television is a homely means of entertainment and education. Movies are shown on the TV Screen. We get a rich feast of dances and music too. The loversof sports can see the test matches on their television sets. People and students can watch various educational programmes on it. Farmers are given farm knowledge through it. TV serials have become very popular. Television also helps the traders. They advertise their goods through it.
6. TV has given employment to many persons. Several TV shops have been opened. The mechanics and repairers also earn a lot. Several artists who did not get opportunity on the big screen got the chance on the small screen. In TV serials many artists have got employment. The technicians and many others also got employment opportunities.
7. Television has given us new ways of life. Ladies sitting at home have come to know more about the world. Children get a wider experience of life through the television. Common people come to know various social, economic and political problems of the country through it.
8. With the establishment of cable TV we are able to enjoy several TV pro grammes of other stations as Zee TV, Star TV, A.T.N. etc. Television has become now like radio. We can see the programme of the stations of our choice.
Word Essay on Television (Doordarshan)
9. There are certain disadvantages too. It keeps the students away from class-rooms and their books. When Test Matches are telecasted, many people leave their work and sit before television sets. Continuous watching of television programmes has bad effect on the eyes. The costly advertisements are making consumer goods more costly.
10. Conclusion-However, indiscriminate use of anything is bed. If properly used, TV is beneficial to all. It saves a lot of time and money when we see entertain ing programmes at our home instead of going to cinema. It has compelled the persons who were in the habit of remaining out in their leisure loitering here and there to remain at home. It has increased the importance of enjoying home life.
500+ Word Essay on Television (Doordarshan)
spoken english syllabus,
spoken english syllabus ppt,
spoken english syllabus for class 1,
spoken english syllabus for adults,
spoken english class syllabus,
syllabus for spoken english for beginners,
spoken english course outline,
curriculum for spoken english,
doordarshan in english,
spoken english course syllabus.