Writing a Letter
A letter is a substitute for direct contact. One writes a letter instead of meeting the person or talking over the telephone. Letter is also a means of making a proof/record about having written on the particular subject. In business, telephones are always followed by letters.
Types of Letters –
- Intimate letters
- Formal private letters
- Business letters
- Official letters
- Letters of application
All kinds of letters need the following format:
- The heading consisting of
- the writer’s address b. the date
- The courteous greeting or salutation,
- The communication or message–The body of the letter.
- Courteous leave taking, or conclusion.
- Superscription on the envelope.
Answering a Letter
1. What does the writer want/
2. make sure you answer his questions and points. Writing a Letter of
Complaint Here you are not answering somebody else’s point but making a point which somebody else has to answer. Make the point simply and clearly and give all the relevant details in their proper order.
Exercise Write letters as per instructions:
- To a friend inviting him for dinner.
- To a neighbor requesting him to allow you in their pool car system.
- To father requesting for more money to purchase books.
- To school principal for sick leave.
- To younger sister on your visit to London.
- To Municipal Corporation complaining about blocked drains.
- To electricity department complaining for inflated bill
How to write a formal letter
- Write your name and contact information.
- Include the date.
- Include the recipient’s name and contact information.
- Write a subject line for AMS style.
- Write a salutation for block style.
- Write the body of the letter.
- Include a sign-off.
- Proofread your letter
How to write an official letter
- Set up your font and margins.
- Create your heading.
- Write your salutation.
- Use your body paragraphs to state your reasons for writing.
- Add your closing body paragraph and signature.
- Mention and add your enclosures.
- Proofread and send your letter.
- Write a letter to your younger brother advising him not to neglect extra-curricular activities.
- Your library card has been lost. Write a letter to the Librarian to issue you a duplicate card.
- Write a letter to the editor of a newspaper expressing your views about the contaminated water supply in your area.
- Write a letter to your uncle thanking him for the birthday gift.
- Write a Letter to Your Bank Statement Request Letter for IT Returns
- Write a letter to your father about your study and hostel life.
- Write a letter to the Education Minister, requesting him to be the Chief Guest and inaugurate the exhibition.
- Write a letter to your friend congratulating him on his wining a prize.
- Write a letter to the postmaster against the non-delivering of your letters.
- Write a letter to congratulating your friend on recovery from illness
- Write a letter to the editor of a local newspaper telling how you organized a tree plantation programme in your school
- Write a letter to him advising him to work hard for the annual examinations.
- Write a letter of condolence to a friend on the death of his father.
- Write an application to the Principal of your school requesting him to grant you full fee concession.
- Write a letter to the Collector for restriction on the use of loud speakers
- Write an application to your Principal requesting him to issue your school leaving certificate and character certificate.
- Write a letter to your friend inviting him to attend your elder sister’s marriage.
- Write a letter to your friend inviting him to spend a part of summer vacation at any hill station.
- Write a letter to the Health officer of your area complaining against the insanitary condition of your locality, Raipur.
insanitary condition meaning in hindi,
types of letter writing,
superscription in letter writing,
types of a’s,
insanitary meaning in hindi,
what is letter in english grammar,
how to write a letter with subject,
how to write application to mla,
insanitary condition letter in hindi,
type written letter.