Correct use of Punctuation
Top 20+ Correct use of Punctuation: Punctuation Excersice or Practice
1. Unpunctuated : Welcome he said be seated now tell me what brings you here at this late hour. I came to consult you on an important matter said the visitor can I confide in you yes certainly replied he.
Punctuated : “Welcome”, he said, “be seated. Now tell me what brings you here at this late hour.” I came to consult you on an important matter,” said the visitor. “Can I confide in you?” “Yes, cer tainly,” replied he.
2. Unpunctuated : Hurry up the plane leaves at six O’clock.
Punctuated : Hurry up, the plane leaves at six O’clock.
3. Unpunctuated : How have you found so much wealth asked Ali Babas wife. Ali Baba replied it is no time for asking the question let us first count the gold mohars is it pos sible to count them said his wife.
Punctuated : “How have you found so much wealth?” asked Ali Baba’s wife. Ali Baba replied, “It is no time for asking the question. Let us first count the gold mohars.” “Is it possible to count them?” said his wife.
4. Unpunctuated : O Death you cannot kill me
Punctuated : O Death, you cannot kill me.
5. Unpunctuated : God is His mercy forgives all.
Punctuated : God, inn His merccy, forgives all.
6. Unpunctuated : Man prroposes God disposes
Punctuated : Man proposes; God disposes.
7. Unpunctuated : His son who was ten years old died yesterday
Punctuated : His son, who was ten years old. died yesterday.
8. Unpunctuated : When she gets ready we shall leave
Punctuated : When she gets ready, we shall leave.
9. Unpunctuated : Make haste otherwise we shall be late.
Punctuated : Make haste, otherwise we shall be late.
10. Unpunctuated : Well you can go
Punctuated : Well, you can go
11. Unpunctuated : Well I shall look into the mat ter
Punctuated : Well, I shall look into the mat ter.
12. Unpunctuated : India became independent on August 15 1947
Punctuated : India became independent on August 15, 1947.
13. Unpunctuated : He was born on Friday the 10th April 1986
Punctuated : He was born on Friday, the 10th April, 1986.
14. Unpunctuated : To err is human to forgive divine
Punctuated : To err is human; to forgive, di vine.
15.Unpunctuated : She will get a job never.
Punctuated : She will get a job : you, never.
16. Unpunctuated : It is mind after all which gov erns the body
Punctuated : It is mind, after all, which gov erns the body.
17. Unpunctuated : He is indeed a nincompoop (fool)
Punctuated : He is, indeed, a nincompoop (fool).
18. Unpunctuated : She is to tell you the truth a fickle person
Punctuated : She is, to tell you the truth, a fickle person.
19. Unpunctuated : Having done his work he went to bed
Punctuated : Having done his work, he went to bed.
20. Unpunctuated : My friend for Gods sake do not believe what she says
Punctuated : My friend, for God’s sake, do not believe what she says.