Types of US Student Visa

F Visa

This type of US student visa is for international students who are intending to pursue an academic degree at an accredited US college or university 

M visa

– M-1 visas for students engaging in vocational or non-academic studies.

J visa

j visa is for international exchange visitors participating in programs in the US that promote cultural exchange 

Derivative visa

Holders of F-2, M-2 and J-2 visas are also allowed to study in the US provided they meet their chosen institution’s criteria 

If you’re planning to study abroad in the US – either for a full degree or a shorter period 

you’ll need to apply for a US student visa

Here’s a quick guide to the three types of non-immigrant student visas for studying in the US. 

Black Section Separator

Thanks For Reading



Best jobs in USA for work-life balance